Certain situations warrant notification of people based solely on their physical location, such as proximity to a HAZMAT incident. In these instances, the GeoCast® Web™ solution from Cassidian
Communications provides immediate, map-driven communication within all visually identified areas. This IP-enabled application seamlessly combines all phone and GIS data to rapidly deliver incident-
related information or instruction to target audiences. It also gathers critical feedback, such as the physical status of recipients, helping ensure the best outcome for everyone.
Proven emergency and non-emergency uses of the GeoCast Web solution include extreme weather conditions, such as hurricanes and snowstorms, missing persons, shelter-in-place activations, planned and
unplanned utility outages, traffic tie-ups and the sharing of public health precautions.
- Quick and easy selection of precisely targeted notification areas, utilizing industry-standard GIS technologies and tools
- Deployment options; use your existing (on-premise) infrastructure for notification or offload to Cassidian Communication's geographically diverse, Tier III and SAS-certified data centers
- Rapid multi-modal delivery of information or instruction via voice and text, and in multiple languages (if required)
- Greater situational awareness within the community-at-large, continuously keeping everyone in the communications loop
- Complementary capabilities, including a Self-Registration Portal (SRP), allowing individuals to proactively sign up to receive the emergency and/or non-emergency notifications issued by your
- Dramatically improved communications throughout a contingency's lifecycle
- Simultaneous selection of multiple notification areas, with certain zones (e.g., flood plains) easily saved for future activations
- Unlimited map layers, entities, scale values and attributes may be identified, and all map layers displayed at one time
- Full TTY/TDD capabilities, ensuring messages are delivered to the hearing impaired
- Highly advanced plume modeling using the ALOHA (Areal Locations of Hazardous Atmospheres) product, providing unmatched directional calling capabilities
- Remote accessibility, allowing designated individuals to easily activate notifications from any location
- Redundancy and reliability, ensuring communications will not fail in situations impacting your organization's own infrastructure and operations
- MassCall® option for high-volume notification through Cassidian Communications' remotely accessible, yet fully secure hosting facilities
Public and private sector organizations worldwide rely on Cassidian Communications and the GeoCast Web solution for emergency and non-emergency communications every day.
Their success drives our ongoing development efforts and customer service initiatives, allowing us to continually raise the bar in the notification industry. We welcome the opportunity to
share their experiences and best practices with you.